Monday, November 19, 2007

Home Movies, New House

1. Ronnie and I are watching old home movies from when I was a kid. In one scene I'm wearing combat boots and thigh-high fishnets (and I'm about five years old). The thigh-highs are baggy and the backs of my skinny legs are veiny and purple.

2. Ronnie's parents have moved into a new house without telling us. The house is built on the inside of a massive tree trunk, and all the furniture is carved out of the wood and very Hollow Log* (christ, did anyone play with Hollow Log toys? I can't find a link. Did I make them up?). Though the house is beautiful and strange, I am sad that they moved away from their old house in Hurst without telling us.

*I just checked with my mom and the Hollow Log toy exists. She says I used to call it my Hollow Hog.